Good morning my Caffeinated critters! I like to make extravagant cards that take hours but decided that I need a quick card with a punch! Well, here he is in all his Christmas glory!
Here is what I did:
1. I stamped a few reindeer on Neenah 110 lbs card stock and fed it through my Brother Scan N Cut. I used Gina K Amalgam ink (Copic friendly). There is also a die available for this stamp.
2. I used Copics to color this reindeer. Use a white Gelly pen for highlights and candy canes.
3. Using a 4 x 5 1/4 white card stock piece, I stamped the “dashing through the no” multiple times, 1/4 apart, with my Misti. I like using VersaFine Claire ink for sentiments! There are two green card varieties.
4. Stamp the sentiment and cut with a metal die. To add some shine to the card, also cut a red piece from red mirror card stock. Assemble with double sided tape.
5. Attach a matching green card stock to the stamped base’s back. This should be about an 1/8th bigger than the stamped base.
6. This is a 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 top folding card. Attach the sentiment with double sided tape and the reindeer with dimensional foam tape.
7. For the inside, cut a piece of 60 or 80 lbs colored paper, 4 1/8 x 10 1/2. Fold at center, stamp sentiment and adhere with double sided tape.
8. Match your envelope and you’re done! I made 4 cards under two hours.
For more inspiration, updates, and news make sure to check out these places.
I hope you will give this a try! Clean and simple for the win!
Follow me on Facebook at CharCards2017