Release day 3 is here and I have a Jack-o’-Lantern swinging by to scare you!
The Rabbit Hole Designs’ ladies are at it again! This gourdgeous pumpkin can be added to cards, treat bags, tags and anywhere pumpkin spice lovers unite! This stamp can be found at the The Rabbit Hole Designs store and our new friend, Simon Says Stamp.
Every order placed at The Rabbit Hole Designs store will be eligible for a 10% discount. Discount Code TRHD2019 this code will only be accepted until Friday 08-30-2019 12:01 am PST. EXCLUDES Dies and Crafters Essentials. Not applicable to previous orders. May be used more than once. Does not apply to shipping and tax.
This top folding 4.25 x 5.5 card is made by using this stamp, glitter gel, a stencil and a swing mechanism. Here is what I did:
- First, I used The Crafter’s Workshop Small Aspen Trees stencil and spread Gina K glitter gel over a 6×6 heavy duty card stock. Wash your stencil. Let this result dry.
- Stamp, color and cut the gourd. I left off the little shadow on the bottom on the pumpkin – this on is going places!!
- Cut the components of the interactive swing from My Favorite Things. I used acetate for the “swing” part to make it look even spookier! There are Youtube videos on how to use this awesome die!
- The die set also includes these cloud dies; cut a black and purple set and adhere them a bit offset.
- Stamp the sentiment.
- Ensure the gel is dry. Line up the black and purple “clouds” to the stencil result. The die is only 4″ across. Match the size of the clouds to the stencil and cut accordingly. There will be a nice white border on the left and right sides of your card.
- Take a separate 4.25 x 5.5 card stock and die cut a circle on the lower part of the card stock. You will use this to color the background.
- Place the card stock (without the circle) over the stenciled background and use a yellow-ish Distress oxide to create the moon.
- Place the circle you just cut out and place over the yellow moon. Use Seedless Preserves Distress Oxide to create the background. Work from the circle to the outside.
- Build your swing, adhere the sentiment and watch that baby swing! If you want the pumpkin to swing even stronger, place a penny on the back of the gourd.
I have a second card that only takes a few minutes to make. Simple fussy cut, added dimensional tape and a spooky background piece of paper.
Remember to stamp the sentiment before you place dimensional tape behind the card stock. I used the Versafine Claire stamp pad.
GIVEAWAYS: To celebrate day 3 of inspiration The Rabbit Hole Designs is giving away the stamp sets Pumpkin Friends and Gourd-geous, to One lucky winner. Winner will be chosen at random from the comments left on participating blogs, so make sure to visit each stop and leave a comment. Leave comments by 11:59 pm PST 08-29-2019 on all participating blogs. Winner will be announced on The Rabbit Hole Designs blog 08-30-2019
For more inspiration, updates, and news make sure to check out these links.
Thank you for stopping by today!!!! I hope you can use a technique I mentioned today! Don’t forget to comment for the chance to win TWO stamp sets!
Happy Gumball cavities,