It’s already time for copious amounts of candy and a chance for our alter egos to shine through silly costumes. It’s also time for a brand new release from The Rabbit Hole Designs. I made you two cards to bring out your inner witch!
This release is also available at Simon Says Stamp. And if you order from Simon Says Stamp, you will receive this free gift with purchase.
This top folding 4.25 x 5.5 card was easy to make and I used some simple card making techniques.
- Black heat emboss the lovely legs stamp on a 4.25 x 5.5 card stock.
- Make a mask for the stamp. I used SSS masking paper. Fussy cut and apply to the stamp.
- I used the Fluffy Cloud die from Sunny Studios and made my own “border stencil” to mimic clouds in the sky.
- Purple and pink Distress oxides help give the clouds that “fluffy” look.
- Cut the colored skies card stock at an angle with the Fluffy Cloud die.
- Remove the mask and color the stamp. I used Copics. (Disclaimer: I have heard that coloring heat embossed images with Copics is a no-no because it destroys the nibs.)
- Stamp the sentiment with Versfine Black Onyx in the right corner of the top folding card.
- Randomly stamp bats with the same ink.
- Attach the colored card stock to the card base with double sided tape or liquid adhesive.
Easy techniques but quite a dramatic result!
Make sure you come back tomorrow for Day 2 of our Inspiration Hop.
Every order placed will be eligible for a 10% discount. Discount Code TRHD2019 this code will only be accepted until Friday 08-30-2019 12:01 am PST. EXCLUDES Dies and Crafters Essentials. Not applicable to previous orders. May be used more than once. Does not apply to shipping and tax.
Here is the second one that is just a shaking!
- I created the background by using black Gina K Designs Glitz Glitter Gel and the Diamond Flower Stencil.
- I sloppily applied the gel on a heavy duty card stock big enough to cover a 4.25 x 5.5. top folding card. Clean and dry the stencil.
- Stamp, cut and color the stamp. Stamp the sentiment.
- Once the gel is dry on the paper, use a frame die, like the MFT Square stitched frames, and make a shaker using a sheet of acetate.
- Adhere dimensional tape to the back of the frame.
- Add sequins to the center and adhere the frame enclosing the sequins.
- Use double sided tape on the stamp and the sentiment and you’re done!
To celebrate day 1 inspiration The Rabbit Hole Designs is giving away the stamp set Hex Yeah to One lucky winner. Winner will be chosen at random from the comments left on participating blogs, so make sure to visit each stop and leave a comment. Leave comments by 11:59 pm PST 08-29-2019 on all participating blogs. Winner will be announced on The Rabbit Hole Designs blog 08-30-2019
I hope you are enjoying the inspiration hop with us!!
For more inspiration, updates, and news make sure to check out these awesome places! The Rabbit Hole DesignsThe Rabbit Hole Designs InstagramThe Rabbit Hole Designs Facebook PageThe Rabbit Hole Designs PinterestThe Rabbit Hole Designs YouTube
Thank you so much for stopping by today! Leave me a comment and let me know if she is that bewitching!
Candy Corn kisses,